1. Why did JOURNEYMAN go down the path of producing mainly pop songs?
The "Along The Way" album songs are pop songs, by choice, as the Camino is all about fun and living in the moment, even while pondering deep meanings and attending to sore feet. When researching Camino-themed songs on the Internet, I discovered that a lot of the songs, although quite beautiful, were very solemn in lyrics, beat, and melody. Thus, I sought to depart from tradition, so to speak, and focus on the positive, uplifting aspects of the Camino and life journeys. Thus, JOURNEYMAN's songs are contemporary, spirited, and lively.
2. What is the difference between a labyrinth and a maze?
Although various countries consider a labyrinth and maze to be the same (e.g., Spain), there are distinct differences.
- Maze - an intricate network of passages designed to confuse and bewilder the participant. Consider it a puzzle. Very difficult if not impossible to navigate. There may be many entrances, exits, and dead ends.
- Labyrinth - a single path with one entrance and one goal (usually in the center). This sole path typically weaves back and forth and/or round & round in a circular pattern with one final destination. All the participant has to do is place one foot in front of the other and follow the path. There are no tricks or dead ends associated with a labyrinth. Particpants typically enter the labyrinth with an issue seeking a solution through walking meditation and/or prayer. JOURNEYMAN seeks to build a labyrinth in Palas de Rei.
3. Why did you select Palas de Rei as the town along Camino Francés to build the labyrinth, Laberinto del Camino?
Well, the truth of the matter is that the town of Palas de Rei found me. While I had created and researched a list of 10 locations as candidates, Palas de Rei was not on this list. Then one day a woman who runs a local shop in Palas de Rei reached out to Journeyman seeking my songs to play in her store. Following our discussion, I scratched my head wondering where Palas de Rei was located and began to research the town. To make a long story short, Palas de Rei, located along the last 100km (60 mile) stretch of Camino Francés, is the prefect location. The Camino path straddles an expansive park in which the labyrinth will be built. Further, its proximity to Santiago de Compostela would provide day visitors an opportunity to easily drop by Palas de Rei to experience Laberinto del Camino.
4. Are volunteers needed to help with the installation of Laberinto del Camino in Palas de Rei, Spain, on May 7, 2022?
Yes, yes, yes! Volunteers are welcomed. If interested, please contact Jounreyman at firstname.lastname@example.org
5. What is the difference between a digital download of the "Along the Way" album and ordering a physical CD of the album?
A digital download of the album allows the purchaser to download all songs contained in the album directly to your electronic devices, including computer and smartphone. A physical CD is a traditional CD disc contained in what is known as a "digipak," or three-panel cardboard storage medium. Upon ordering, the physical CD is shipped to directly to a destination of your choosing. Shipping and handling are additional charges.
6. What is JOURNEYMAN's favorite CanvasScape?
One Pilgrim in my Camino group, Pam, made note of a sign we came across, written in Spanish, in a garden next to the Alchemista Bar (coincidence?) on the Camino trail. If I may paraphrase, her canvas reads: If someone seeks to criticize your Camino, then hand them your boots.
7. Is your CaminoArt, the milestone markers (bollards/mojones), exact replicas of the milestone markers on the Camino? Is the exterior stone?
The answer to both questions is no. JOURNEYMAN had to use whatever materials were commercially available at the time. While a near exact replica could be developed, JOURNEYMAN was under time constraints to create all 24 of the milestone markers within a three month period. The height of the CaminoArt milestone markers approximates that of a real stone milestone marker; however, the base of the structure is wider and slightly deeper. The exterior, although it looks like real stone, is a mixture of paint and sand.
8. Why is the word "The" capitalized in album title "Along The Way?"
The Camino de Santiago route called Camino Francés is also referred to as "The Way of Saint James," or simply "The Way." So, the title refers to pilgrim experiences and traveler encounters along The Way. In title form - "Along The Way."
9. What are the important dates to remember for Laberinto del Camino?
The most important date is the installation and dedication on Saturday, May 7, 2022. The second most important date is the celebration of Laberinto del Camino on Wednesday, September 14, 2022. This celebration will coincide with the town of Palas de Rei's annual holiday. Journeyman and his musical troupe are expected to perform from 7:00pm to 9:00pm, with an intermission for a dedication of the labyrinth.